Charity Number: 701260
We provide advice, support and services to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Herefordshire Mind is affiliated to National Mind and has provided mental health services in Herefordshire for more than 30 years. We provide person-centred advice, support and services to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem so that they can live a better life. Recovery, wellbeing, inclusion, and the removal of low expectations associated with mental health problems, are at the heart of all we do. We are local and self governing. We have a commitment to continuous evaluation, innovation and improvement throughout the service. We are committed to anti-discriminatory practice. We involve service users in all areas of our work and ensure their experiences inform our practice and direction.
Current Services within Herefordshire Mind are:
- The Shires - a residential care establishment for those in need of temporary intensive support;
- Intensive Supported Housing – provides 24 hour support on a one to one basis in the person’s own home;
- The Community Support Team - provides long term community support for those who have a personal budget or are self-funding;
- The Community Outreach Service - provides short term support, information, advice and guidance across the county, enabling clients to access recovery and wellbeing opportunities; the service also supports people to take up or maintain volunteering or employment opportunities;
- The Education and Activities Programme – provides educational and activity opportunities, and peer support, throughout the county designed to support client’s recovery, wellbeing and social inclusion.