Charity Number: 1120322
0845 259 3163
Omega exists to tackle some of the wider determinants of health, including social and economic issues. We achieve this by providing access to opportunities, information and a range of other non-clinical support. We work with family care-givers, people nearing the end of life, the bereaved, socially isolated individuals, the frail and the elderly.
Omega delivers the following activity:
- We support carers and their families, including those with responsibility for looking after a patient with a life-limiting or long-term condition
- We also provide support to former carers, the bereaved and socially isolated individuals
- We raise standards in end of life care
- We collate and share information and resources in respect of a wide range of care related issues
- We collaborate with other organisations to improve the quality of long-term and end of life care in the community
- Omega facilitates group sessions, runs social activities and encourages peersupport. We work with clinicians, Third Sector organisations, care professionals, expert advisors, businesses, volunteers and others, to achieve tangible improvements in both general care and palliative care.